$GCR – FAQ
What is $GCR?
$GCR is a social token community with a writers platform and token-gated Discord group. It’s where all the best writers, researchers, and community members in the crypto space can come together.
Holders of $GCR and writers on the platform get access to the best resources the community has to offer, including but not limited to deep insights and research generated by the community, founder-focused events online and offline, learning and user feedback sessions, and direct deal-flow.
The thing that makes $GCR different is that in order to be a part of the group you must own at least 100 $GCR cryptocurrency tokens.
If members are interested in being more involved in the community, share trading and token insights and participate in governance, $GCR also has the $ALPHA and GOLD group. To join the $ALPHA or the Gold Discord channels, you will need 300 $GCR and 400 $GCR to join, respectively. The details of each group is laid out in #start-here on Discord.
How are you a writing platform AND a community?
GCR has had an international community since we’ve begun in 2017. We continue to value the community the most while preserving the essence of Global Coin Research as a writer’s platform. We believe there are a lot of synergies, as everyone who is a part of the $GCR community is literally invested in the writers’ success.
As the community becomes more appealing, and more people want to join, there will be more demand for $GCR tokens which will drive the price of $GCR up and make the existing $GCR writers (and community members) wealthier.
The idea is that if we all participate in the upside of the community and the platform, we’ll collectively work to make it better. Our writers will support the community members with information and education, while the community members will support the writers with the ability to earn $GCR. Check out our Whitepaper here.
Who are the $GCR community members?
- Angels, VCs, technologists, executives in the crypto space and beyond who are looking to support a project long term
- Long-term members and supporters such as Benny Giang, co-founder of Cryptokitties, Kyle Samani of Multicoin Capital, Amber Group, Metacartel DAO, EthGlobal, the Near founding team, Partners at Hashed, Seed Club and more.
- The $GCR community is global by nature, they speak many languages and very tapped into the crypto opportunities around the world.
How are you different from an investment DAO?
- While the $GCR token allows one to vote on governance and community decisions, that’s to the extent of our similarities with a DAO.
- For any deal flow presented to the $GCR community, every member has a choice. They can decide to invest if they want to, or pass.
- In the current, majority of the DAO structure, members pool their capital together, and everyone votes on each investment. The majority decision wins on whether to invest in a deal.
- Our members have had the opportunity to invest in the following deals. With frequent updates in our monthly deal list.
COMMUNITY INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO
How can I purchase $GCR?
1. Turn your Fiat ($,£,€, etc.) into Ethereum (Cryptocurrency). For most of you the easiest way to do that will be via Coinbase. Click here for a tutorial on how to setup a coinbase account.
2. Once you’ve setup a Coinbase account, purchase some Ethereum.
3. On desktop Install a browser-based Ethereum wallet called MetaMask. Click here for a tutorial on how to install Metamask.
4. Next send your purchased Ethereum from Coinbase to the Metamask.
6. Congrats! You are now part of the $GCR Community. Check out our Discord to get access to all our community events and resources directly.
A fixed total of 10M $GCR tokens exist. No more $GCR tokens can ever be minted/created.
Once you register for an account on Global Coin Research, certain actions you do on the site will start allowing you to earn $GCR Tokens. For example, when a writer contributes on Global Coin Research, they will be able to earn GCR tokens.
Community members will also able to earn tokens for providing value in a number of ways, including—but not limited to—being active in our gated Discord group, attending calls, hosting events and overseeing collaborative programs.
Interesting in running your own GCR segment? Give a staff member a shout at email@example.com or tag us on Twitter!