What would make Global Coin Research global without a bit of traveling?
Our founder Joyce Yang loves to travel. She travels at least once a month to an international country on a flight over 5 hours, whether that’s Europe, San Francisco, and more often than others, somewhere in Asia.
And given our commitment to re-invest all our profits back into the company, flying economy often ends up being our default option.
But no fear, our hacks and learnings from over the years will help you sleep like a king (or a queen) in economy class. Even if your default class is business class, some of these additional accessories can improve your experience significantly.
Many of these items have been highlighted to be effective not just by us but also travel and lifestyle hackers around the world. Skip the long reading from Wirecutter and go straight into the good stuff!
Here’s literally what we bring with us every single time when we travel:
- Pillows: For long flights or often those red-eyes, we always bring a Trtl with us. This is hands down the MOST COMFORTABLE and LIGHTWEIGHT travel pillow that we have come across. And it’s not by accident that it’s also one of the top sellers on Amazon.
The team also recently introduced the Trtl Plus, which allows you to adjust the height of the pillow and also other great additional features:
2. Compression socks: Don’t underestimate them. They will help with your feet circulation and subsequently the rest of your body. You will feel way more energetic, less drowsy and way less bloated after your long flight.
We personally enjoyed the Sockwell brand, the socks feel more compressing than the others and the materials are sturdy and wrap your feet really nicely.
3. Face masks or hydrating, moisturizing lotion. Ideally both: This is a MUST. For MEN AND WOMEN. The dry, stale, recycled air is so awful for hair and skin! Your skin will dry out so the best thing you can do is to keep it as clean as possible and hydrated as possible.
Great hydrating face masks for men and women: ETUDE HOUSE 0.2mm Air Mask 20ml Combo Pack (13 Pack)
Hydrating moisturizer: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream 4.2 Oz 125ml 24-H Everyday Hydrating Formula
4. Mouthwash: Plane breath is real. After all the salty food that we need on the plane, be sure to gargle mouthwash to feel refreshed instantly: Listerine Antiseptic Cool Mint Mouthwash, 1.5 L, 50.72 oz (Pack of 2)
5. Headphones: We don’t think you can be on a plane without them. These are the bests headphones and are the slight expensive side, but we highly recommend them both, depending on whichever style you prefer:
Extremely comfortable over the ear: Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Noise-Cancelling, with Alexa voice control, enabled with Bose AR – Black
Smaller and more portable: Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones, Apple Devices, Black
6. Eyemask: You cannot control the lights on the plane or when the person next to you start reading. The best way is to shut off your surrounding whenever you need. These are the most comfortable eye masks we’ve come across: Luxury Patented Sleep Mask, Nidra® Deep Rest Eye Mask with Contoured Shape and Adjustable Head Strap, Sleep Satisfaction Guaranteed, Sleep Anywhere, Anytime (Purple)
With all these equipments in hand, you will be good to go and sleep like a baby on the plane. Oh, and if you feel even more gunho about preparing for jetlag, eat seafood and swim in the few days before your travels, which can help you get overjetlag.
Happy travels! Where are you off next?
Full disclosure: by clicking on these links and purchasing the items, we may receive a small referral fee from Amazon