For this session of our workshop series, we are delighted to have Mindao Yang, founder of dForce and USDx. USDx is a decentralized and synthetic indexed stablecoin (1:1 pegged to a basket of constituent stablecoins) with interest-bearing capability. dForce just received a strategic investment from one of the world’s leading commercial banks, it is the first permissionless stablecoin and DeFi protocol with strong institution backing.
Mindao is also a crypto investor and a top validator in Tezos & Cosmos through his firm Blockpower Capital.
Mindao will cover:
- the Defi scene in Asia vs that of the West, launching dForce
- Chinas Defi community
- Chinas Staking players and trends
- How Defi is going to evolve in China
- and more…
More about Mindao and dForce:
▪ Mindao engaged in cryptocurrency/blockchain investments since 2013 and participated in Ethereum ICO back in 2014. He invested across 30 projects, primarily public blockchain projects and its infrastructure applications, including private/ICO investments in Ethereum, Filecoin, Cosmos, Tezos, Maidsafe, BAT, Golem, Bancor, Decentraland, and etc;
▪ He launched dForce in late 2018 to develop and promote blockchain-native DeFi and monetary protocols, with USDx being the first protocol, a decentralized and synthetic indexed stablecoin (1:1 pegged to a basket of constituent stablecoins) with interest-bearing capability. Other protocols are actively developed by the community and will be integrated with USDx soon. His vision is to build dForce into a self-improved and self-expanding open finance platform. dForce just received strategic investment from one of the world’s leading commercial banks, it is the first permissionless stablecoin and DeFi protocol with strong institution backing.
▪ Founded by Mindao in 2017, Blockpower Digital Assets is a crypto asset management company, engaging in all spectrum of crypto-asset investments, including primary/secondary markets (Blockpower Capital), validation businesses (top-ranking validator of Tezos & Cosmos), and trading business (Hashingbot);
▪ Prior to that, Mindao worked at Hony Capital (largest private equity firm in China) as an Investment Director and Standard Chartered Principal Finance Department as an Investment Director. Mindao has over 10 years of expertise in PE, special situation, venture investments and banking spanning IT, F&B, blockchain, education, renewable energy, mining, new materials, advanced manufacturing, pharmaceutical etc.
Details of the Workshop
Date: Thursday, August 15th, 2019
Time: 5pm PT – 5:45pm PT / 8pm ET – 8:45pm ET
Location: Zoom Dial-in Link
Format: Mindao will share his presentation, and then we’ll open it up for AMA for our subscribers.
How: Become a premium member now and get immediate access to our workshops series. You’ll also get access to all the Global Coin Research resources and analyses including access to future event discounts and the most important crypto information about Asia delivered to your inbox.