The Liquid Podcast: SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce on COVID, NFTs and Newly Appointed Chairman Gary Gensler
Remember to Rate and Review Our Podcast!
For the show today, I’m thrilled to share with you a special replay of my interview with Commissioner Hester Peirce during the UPenn Blockchain conference.
Hester Peirce is the Commissioner on the Securities and Exchange Commission, she oversees many of the crypto regulations and have been often dubbed as cryptomom. In our conversation, we talk about the latest developments with the SEC around the crypto framework, how Covid affected the SEC, the upcoming agendas with new SEC chairman Gary Gensler, and her views on NFTs and defi.
If you’d like to see more from Commissioner Peirce, you can follow her on Twitter @hesterpeirce
- Where did your title “Crypto Mom” come from? Why do you not advice people to see SEC as a parental figure?
- What fascinated you about the crypto space?
- What frighten you the most about the crypto space?
- How does COVID impact the SEC’s initiatives in the crypto space?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge in regulating the decentralized space?
- What are some views from the newly appointed SEC Chairman Mr. Gary Gensler?
If you’d like to see more from her, you can follow her on Twitter @hesterpeirce.