How to Buy Global Coin Research Token ($GCR) and Join the Tokenized Community — A Step by Step Guide
What is $GCR?
GCR (GCR) is a cryptocurrency and operates on the Ethereum platform. GCR has a current supply of 10,000,000 with 4,000,000 in circulation. The last known price of GCR is $1.458 USD. It is currently trading on 1 active market. More information can be found at globalcoinresearch.com/faq
GCR has been listed on a number of crypto exchanges, unlike other main cryptocurrencies, it cannot be directly purchased with fiat money. However, You can still easily buy this coin by first buying Ethereum from any large exchanges and then transfer to the exchange that offers to trade this coin, in this guide article we will walk you through in detail the steps to buy GCR.
Step 1: Register on Coinbase
You will have to first buy one of the major cryptocurrencies, usually either Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH). We will use Coinbase here as it is one of the largest crypto exchanges that accept fiat deposits. Use the link below to register at Coinbase and you will receive a free amount of $10 worth of BTC after buying $100 worth of cryptos.
- Type your email and click ‘Get started’. Make sure you provide your real name as Coinbase will need it for account verification. Choose a strong password so that your account isn’t vulnerable to hackers.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Open it and click on the link within. You will then be required to provide a valid mobile number to set up two-factor authentication (2FA), it is an extra layer to the security of your account and it is highly recommended that you keep this feature turned on.
- Follow the next step to finish your identity verification. These steps are a bit daunting especially when you are waiting to buy an asset but just like any other financial institutions, Coinbase is regulated in most countries such as the US, the UK and the EU. You can take this as a trade-off to using a trusted platform to make your first crypto purchase. Good news is that the whole so-called Know-Your-Customers (KYC) process is now fully automated and it shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to finish.
Step 2: Buy coins with fiat money
- Once you finished the KYC process. You will be asked to add a payment method. Here you can either choose to provide a credit/debit card or use a bank transfer. You will be charged higher fees when using cards but you will also make an instant purchase. While a bank transfer will be cheaper but slower, depending on the country of your residence, some countries will offer instant cash deposit with low fees, such as iDeal in some European countries.
- Now you are all set, click the ‘Trade’ button at the top left, choose the coin you want to buy and confirm your transaction…and congrats! You’ve just made your first crypto purchase.
Step 3: Transfer your cryptos to a Metamask
But we are not done yet, since GCR is an altcoin we need to transfer our coins to an exchange that GCR can be traded, here we will use Uniswap as our exchange.
On desktop Install a browser-based Ethereum wallet called MetaMask.
Step 4: Send your purchased Ethereum from Coinbase to Metamask
- Once you have purchased Ethereum on Coinbase, click on the ‘Accounts’ tab, then click on the ‘Send’ button within your ‘ETH Wallet’.
- Go to the top right hand of your browser and click on the fox Metamask icon. Once you’re signed in, click on the ‘My Account’ button to copy the public address to your ETH wallet. If you do this correctly, it will say ‘Copied!’ immediately afterward.
- Before continuing; verify your address before sending Ether as you will not be able to recover these funds if they’re sent to the wrong address
Once your wallet’s address is copied you can paste it into the ‘Recipient’ box and input how much ETH you would like to send to your wallet. Finally, press ‘Continue’ and within minutes the ETH will arrive in your Metamask.
Step 5: Swap $ETH for $GCR
- With Ethereum in your Metamask you can now swap your Ethereum for $GCR at the Uniswap Exchange.
- Select the amount of ETH you’d like to swap. To join our GCR community group, you only need 50 GCR tokens.
- Click on “Swap” and follow through with the pompts on Metamask and pay the necessary gas fees.
- Here’s an indepth tutorial on how to use Uniswap.
6. You are almost there!
You are now almost part of the $GCR Community. Join our gated-Discord to get access to all our community events and resources directly.
Follow through on the Discord prompts to connect your Metamask wallet with the GCR tokens.
7. Congrats! You are now officially part of the GCR group!
Once you see the $GCR discord community group, that means you are in!