GCR Community Events Recap
GCR Community Events Recap
GCR IRL EVENTS Recap:
Mainnet 2022 — September 21-23, 2022
TOKEN2049 Singapore — September 28-29, 2022
- Demo & AMA Call w/ DaoLens – DaoLens is a Web3 tool that focuses on everything DAO: from onboarding to activation to contributor management. Used by 74+ DAOs and trusted by leading blockchains.
- Demo & AMA Call with Ledger – Ledger is one of the most trusted crypto hardware wallet brands in the industry. Ledger offers certified crypto asset hardware wallets bringing optimal protection level to your Bitcoins, Ethereums, XRPs and more – without sacrificing usability or control.
- Demo & AMA Call w/ PlayEstates – PlayEstates is the first-ever GameFi Platform/Ecosystem Solution where Digital World meets the Physical World. By collateralizing its ecosystem with physical real estate, PlayEstates allows gamers to build digital assets, as well as physical asset portfolios at the same time.
- Demo & AMA Call w/ STFX – STFX a DeFi marketplace for turning trade ideas into investable vaults.
- Demo & AMA Call w/ Upscore – Upscore is an alternative credit scoring platform for Web3. Upscore applies computer vision technology and aims to drive financial inclusion across emerging markets.
- Demo & AMA Call w/ Venture Club – Venture Club is a project that allows angels, syndicates, and funds to convert illiquid investment contracts like SAFTs, SAFEs, and Equity into NFTs which are DeFi compatible.
- GCR Investor Deep Dive: Brett Palatiello, Interplay VC – Brett Palatiello is a Partner at Interplay VC, where he leads Interplay Blockchain, their fund dedicated to blockchain technology, Web3 projects and cryptocurrencies.
- GCR Investor Deep Dive: Nihar Shah & Lucas Baker, Jump Crypto – Nihar Shah and Lucas Baker are part of the research and investment teams at Jump Crypto. Jump Crypto is the crypto-focused division of Jump Trading Group, a research-driven quantitative trading firm.
- GCR Workshop Series: Central Banks & Federal Reserve System w/ Vivek – GCR Workshop covering the history of Central Banks and the Federal Reserve. Vivek will share the structure, responsibility, and recent news of the Federal Reserve system, including specific strategies taken to maintain the economy.
- GCR On-Chain Investigations w/ Nick – An in-depth session on data analytics, investment analysis, and what’s been happening ‘on-chain’ in the past few weeks.
- GCR Workshop Series: Creator Economy & Community Engagement in Web3 – with Chhavi Chadha covering creator economy and community engagement in Web3. In this workshop, we will discuss how the creator economy is transitioning from Web2 to Web3, which projects are helping to grow this economy, community engagement in Web3, its challenges, and its future.
- GCR Workshop Series: Econometrics & Statistical Analysis Methods w/ Vivek – GCR Workshop covering all things data and economics. From dimension reduction methods on R to contemporary quantitative tightening techniques, Vivek will share practical ways to analyze relationships between datasets, perform exploratory projects, and read cool math formulas.
- Token Club: Deep Dive into the Next Ethereum Killers? Overview of Move-Based L1s: Sui, Aptos, & 0L – a monthly ‘Token Club’ event where we explore various topics in crypto and Web3 by taking a slightly more scientific and analytical approach to the whole discussion and analysis.
GCR DEAL CALLS:
- Airchains – Deal Call with Airchains, a Web3 toolset that allows you to build, deploy, and grow your DApps.
- Airstack – Deal Call with Airstack, a protocol and an API for browsing, discovering, and consuming on-chain data.
- Amihan – Deal Call with Amihan, a new Web3 game studio started by ex-Riot founders, one of whom has been a virtual economist for 9+ years for 15+ live service core games.
- BlockGreen – Deal Call with BlockGreen, a DeFi protocol for BTC miners looking for financing and BTC holders looking for yield.
- Bool VC – Deal Call with Bool VC, a $4.2M investment fund started by the CoinList team members: Spenser Huang and Michelle Fang. Spenser and Michelle are industry veterans with a long investment and track record at CoinList.
- Skadi Labs – Deal Call with Skadi Labs a hands-on, Web3 product studio building at the intersection of decentralized and quantitative finance.
- Excheqr – Deal Call with Excheqr, a leading security platform to manage digital assets across chains.
- Frontdoor – Deal Call with Frontdoor a professional market network for Web3 talent.
- Immuna – Deal Call with Immuna, a platform that helps institutional investors (Hedge Funds, Financial institutions, and Enterprises) manage their risks of investing in digital assets. The platform monitors and proactively defends investors’ digital asset investments from unexpected exploits and undesirable economic situations.
- IntellaX – Deal Call with IntellaX, a Web3 gaming platform started by Neowiz (a Korean gaming company with an $800M+ market cap).
- NF.TD – Deal Call with NF.TD, a project focused on building a simple social & professional network powered by curated on-chain credentials. Nf.TD is creating a “Web3 Linktree.” NF.TD aims to make on-chain identity useful by introducing a curated Web3 profile, which is shareable with one link.